1.You know how to win;
2.You want things to be different;
3. You're prepared to play the long game.
1. Bringing something new to what you know;
2. Having a partner or a mentor so that between you you are good at sales, production and management;
3. Having a good product or service. Not just quite good but not perfect either;
4. Knowing when to nurture it and when to expand - going from cash poor time rich to time poor cash rich;
5. Thinking win-win and having a culture of clear communication.
1. Recognise that the business is not as important to anyone else as it is to you;
2. Accept setbacks as part of the deal, they are not rejections of you personally;
3. See the business as an asset to be sold rather than an endless source of happiness that comes from being busy busy busy and in "Flow";
4. Practise mindfulness, take some exercise and consume in moderation;
5. Accept that you can't have it all but you can have enough. Use this tool to calculate it